I suppose I should write something, too, but I really can't begin to describe how beautiful this place is! Not to mention how fun it has been being here!
I came to Whistler because my friend Erin has been living here for the past two years. I was supposed to have about 10 days with her, but unfortunately she had to leave after 3 days of me being here due to family problems back in Adelaide, Australia! It was such terrible timing, but we definitely made the most of the 3 days we had together. The biggest thing we did was a hike up Joffre's peak. Erin, a couple of her friends and myself climbed to the third lake on Joffres peak, where a little further up we could see a glacier! The hike was pretty strenuous and involved a lot of climbing up rocks and at one point I even had to take my shoes off to cross a wide stream- it was the coldest thing my feet (or any other part of my body) have ever experienced! My feet were completely numb within 5 seconds! It was definitely a LOT harder than I thought it would be- I imagined it was going to be a steep up-hill trail, but it was way more intense than that and the whole adventure lasted about 5 hours! But the views and the fresh air were priceless- I would do it again in a heart-beat. Here are some photos from that day...
The hike was so beautiful and something I will never forget- everywhere I looked was as if I were looking at a postcard...but everywhere is like that in Whistler!!! I am already scheming and planning ways of making money after this trip so I can come back and live here for 6 months or so- there is just so much to see!!! I know why Erin loves it here, and I can see why she wants to make her life here! Even if we all miss her a lot in Adelaide!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment