Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Oslo: Out and about





Admittedly, in the past few days while Emelie was here, we did not do a whole lot during the day time because we were hung over most days... and those who know me also know that I am a big sook when I am hung over and don't want to do anything! Luckily, Malin and Emelie didn't want to do much either...so it was good to enjoy some girly time watching movies and eating too much!
However, on one of the days we did do a bit of exploring. Emelie had never been to Oslo either, so Malin showed us around a bit. We walked around the city and saw some beautiful parks, the Royal Palace and the Oslo waterfront. It was all really beautiful- one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited, and by far the most unique. All the buildings are so old-fashioned, yet very trendy. The parks are gorgeous and everyone goes there to lay in the sun in their bikinis, because there is no beach nearby. I think I am going to do this while Malin is at work- because it looks so relaxing and is free! Haha!


Malin, being cute in the park


This statue is cute- but not as cute as the little boy climbing the stairs on the left!


Malin, with the palace guard in the palm of her hand!

Malin and I, enjoying some food because we are hung over :)

Emelie and I. So glad I got to meet and spend time with this girl! She is a very lovely person and it was good to have someone with me who also didn't really know anyone or anything about Oslo!


Me, being a tourist!

I have seen my fair share of street performers- especially after visiting Venice Beach in LA, but this guy was impressive! I almost couldn't watch him ride that thing!

A sneaky but good shot of Malin!

The parks...so beautiful!



I still have another 2 weeks here, and I am really looking forward to seeing as much as possible! Malin has work over the weekend, so we probably wont be drinking as much from now on- which is a good thing! I am all partied out! I want to go for more runs so that I feel better, but also because it is a good way to explore! So my plan for the next 2 weeks is to go for as many walks/explorations as possible- much easier on the liver and the wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment