Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 24: a run through Whistler...

I can't believe I have already been travelling for almost a month! Day 24 of my travels! Such a head spin! In some ways it doesn't feel that long, but when I think about the day I left Adelaide...it seems like months ago!
Last night I had to be a wuss and turn down a big night out with the people I have met here. I feel like I have not stopped or had a night in since I got to Whistler...which is probably true! I have been having some very late nights and long days and I felt like I needed some time to chill. I did go out for dinner though, with a friend I met in a strange way! A couple of days ago, my cousin from Melbourne messaged me asking me to do him a favour. He asked me to go into a store here in Whistler and ask if a girl he knows works there, and if she was there to give her a huge hug and tell her he misses her. To be honest, I wasn't going to do this, but I saw the store he was talking about when I was walking around the Village with Erin the day after he sent that message. So I went into the store and asked the first shop assistant I saw if she knew the girl I was talking about. Turns out that the shop assistant was the girl herself, and she was very excited with the message from my cousin- she almost jumped on me when I told her who I was!!! I didn't know until after I met her that she actually used to date my cousin when he lived in the UK, and they only broke up because his visa ran out. She seemed like a nice girl, so we added each other on Facebook and ended up going out for dinner and drinks last night. We got along really well and it was nice to have a girly dinner! A very random friend that I was very glad to make!


Whistler Village- a photo I took last night at dinner

After my dinner with this new friend, I got home at about 10:30pm, which is actually an early night compared to the 4:00am home times I have been having this past week! I have been having so much fun, but feeling tired and unhealthy really bothers me. I have been eating pretty 'luxuriously' I guess, but I have been eating less often- usually only one or two meals a day. I love food and I don't want to limit myself or not eat delicious local meals while I am travelling- but keeping active definitely makes me feel better about that! But because I have been partying a lot, today was my first run in Whistler! I went for a 40 minute run along the bike trail into Whistler village. I sat down for a while and had a nice vegetarian breakfast and a green tea, then I walked home. So all up I think it was about an hour and forty-minute walk/run... and it was about 5km round trip. I feel much better now...but I would really like to try and do that most days...I guess I am just scared because everyone warned me that I will put on weight while I am travelling- I don't want that to happen!






Not sure what I will do now, probably go to the lake for a swim and read my book in the sun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment