Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Kräftskiva!!!!!


All week, since I got to Oslo, everyone I met with Malin would 
ask 'Are you coming on Sunday!?' When I first got here, Malin told me that we were going to something called Kräftskiva on Sunday, and that EVERYONE was going to be there. Throughout the week, I kind of pieced together what exactly it was that I was attending. Malin and I couldn't figure out the translation for the type of seafood we were going to eat, and at first I thought the tradition surrounded crayfish, but when I got to Kräftskiva, I saw that they were much smaller- more like Yabbies! Anyway, Kräftskiva is a Swedish tradition, but since there are so many Swedish people living in Oslo, it is also a big deal here. We went to an outside bar that Malin and I had visited a couple of times before, but this time it was decorated with lots of streamers and paper cut-outs of the 'Yabbies.' There were long tables set up and made to look really pretty, as well as a long food table covered with bread, crackers, cheese and sauces. We got there quite early, but before long the place was packed and everyone was drinking while waiting for the seafood to come out.

I didn't quite know how to peel the Yabbies...so I stuck to something I did know how to do- DRINK...a decision I would regret the next day!



Emelie, Malin and Me!


Yabbies? Mini crayfish? I am still not sure...

Well... this is how I looked when I was sober! Then came the Champagne!

I thought this fishermans hat went well with my lipstick!



Look at that GIANT bottle! No wonder I was drunk!


It was such a fun day! I had an awesome time... I drank too much, I ate too much... but it was definitely worth it! I am so happy I got to experience Kräftskiva!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment