Yesterday was my last day in Whistler. I was a bit
sad to leave that beautiful place, but at the same time I feel like my body was
getting over all that drinking and partying! On my last day, one of my friends
gave me a lift-pass voucher, which was really nice of him because I had been
planning to go on the lift the whole time I was in Whistler. My bus wasn't
leaving until 4.30pm, so I wanted to make the most of the day. I started off
with a long walk/run, after which I met up with one of my friends for breakfast.
After that I headed to the lift entrance. When I was lining up there were two
guys about my age lining up behind me. When we got on the lift I ended up
chatting with them and found out they were from Portland- about 5 hours from
Adelaide on the way to Melbourne. They were such lovely boys and we ended up
walking around the top of the mountain together. Afterwards, when we got back
to the Village, we decided to get some lunch and beers. I wasn't going to have
time for this, but they offered to drive me back to where I had been staying to
get my backpack and then drive me to the bus station- super nice of them. So we
had a really good day! It is a really good feeling when you meet people that
you can be friends with straight away- If there is one thing I have learnt
(especially from being in Whistler with all new people) it's that not everyone
is going to like you, so when you get along with people instantly it is a very
comforting thing!
As for the gondola/lift ride- it was so
breathtaking!!! Such amazing views, we were so high up!
| My (discounted) ticket to the top of the world! |
| I love this photo because you can see a man on the top of that mountain! |
| Mountain selfie! |
| I'm pretty sure Whistler has either the biggest or the ONLY suspended peak-to-peak gondola... so cool! |
| The two buddies I made- Nick and Ryan, lovely blokes! |
Now I am back in Vancouver, staying at Ben's and happy that he has the weekend off to do some stuff together! I think we are going into Vancouver city tomorrow, I am excited to see Stanley Park!
I am happy to spend the day on my own today, though! I went for a long run, got my hair toned at the hairdressers and had a healthy salad for lunch :)
Anyway...here are some last photos of Whistler...
| I think it is funny how in Australia we pay top dollar for berries, but in Whistler they grow on the side of the road- EVERYWHERE |
| Squirrels are also everywhere, so cute! |
No comments:
Post a Comment