Monday, August 12, 2013

Beno's Vancouver Scenic Tours

On the Saturday just gone, Beno had the day off work to take me to Vancouver city. In the morning we were trying to decide what to do, when he remembered that the Pokemon World Championships were taking place at the Vancouver Convention Centre! For a couple of nerds like us, this was not to be missed!!! So we ventured into Vancouver in Ben's car...which was good because I got to see a lot of the city that I wouldn't have seen from the Skytrains. 
At first I thought the Pokemon championships would be a bit of a laugh, but when we got there I realised it was a very serious competition! People had come from all over the world (over 25 countries) to play in this tournament! It was a very random, amazing thing to see!




'Gotta catch 'em all! POKEMON!'



After the Pokemon Championships, Beno and I wen't for a very long walk through the city. Vancouver  city is absolutely huge, but also very beautiful. There are heaps of cool shops, cafes, parks and waterfronts to explore... here are some of the photos I took on the day:

Beno, pro hula hooper



Looking very snazzy in my sunnies

Wouldn't this just be the life? The dock was full of them!!!


Tasting some Irish beers in Canada, as ya do!


Tom Hortons is like the Canadian version of Starbucks, only it is much cheaper and can only be found in Canada (I'm pretty sure) So Ben insisted I try it...These 'Timbits' are deep fried dohnut holes...I wasn't complaining!




The entire day consisted of a LOT of walking- definitely the scenic route, as Ben would say! We were pretty tired by the time we got home, but still managed to put our drinking shoes on and end up at an Irish pub later that night!

Myself, Benalonie and his gorgeous girlfriend, Nadya


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such beneficial information with us. Your blog article is really very nice and informative in which you have described about travelling tips of Australia.

    Scenic tours | Trafalgar tours | Cosmos tours

    ReplyDelete