Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunshine in Whistler




Day 23 of my trip and I am still in Whistler. It is so so SO beautiful- every time I step outside I can't believe what I am seeing. It has been amazing weather pretty much the whole time I have been here, apart from a bit of rain on one day. There has been a yoga festival on in the village since I have been here called Wanderlust, which has brought some interesting people and sights to Whistler Village for me to see!
I really love Whistler village- it is such a cute, clean and bustling little area...and the landscapers have done a really good job making everything look pretty to match the magnificent backdrop mountain views...



This would usually be a snow run, but in the summer it is where all the crazy down-hill bikers ride!!! Freaky to watch!

Wanderlust Festival: Free Moby acoustic set 





Wanderlust Festival: Yoga session- so many limbs! I love this photo

Today was another sunny day here. I had a pretty late night last night so I had a snooze in the afternoon, but was so happy to see what a nice day it was when I woke up. Some of Erin's friends that I have met since being here have been so lovely- taking me places, hanging out with me...they have just accepted me into their little Whistler crew and I really appreciate it! Today the boys picked me up and we went to a lake. We swam for a little bit, but mainly sat on the dock and got some sun and watched all the little kids having a ball in the water- and all the doggies as well!







The lake was so beautiful and it was cool to hang out with the guys that I have become friends with here. I have to admit it has been very confronting hanging out with all of Erin's friends without her here...not that her friends aren't lovely! They have been very welcoming and have included me in everything since she left. I guess it is just the first time I have been in a new crowd of people where I am the only newcomer. I am a lot more reserved with new people than I thought I was, and I guess I am learning that I take time to warm up to people...I am not quite the extravert-type that I thought I was when it comes to making new friends. But I must do ok in the end, because I have met and befriended so many different people from all over the place...including the three guys in the above photos- such sweeties! I really do miss Erin and I wish she could have stayed longer, but at the same time it has been interesting to see how I go making friends on my own...which I guess is a big part of this trip! I should be an expert by the end of it!






No comments:

Post a Comment