Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Morro Bay

Morro Bay, where Thomas lives, is a little Fisherman's town near San Luis Obispo. It kind of reminded me of somewhere like Port Hughes in South Australia, full of little shack-style beach houses. Tom's house was towards the back of the town, on a big hill that overlooked the ocean and the big rock that Morro Bay is known for. But the thing about Morro Bay is, no matter what the weather is like in the rest of California, it is always covered in thick cloud. Tom and I would drive out of Morro Bay and it would be a sunny beautiful day, but Morro Bay would always be misty. You can see what I mean in this pic...

This is the giant rock in Morro Bay...but you can't really see it through the fog!


When Tom was at work, I mainly just went for really long walks and a few runs. I am really glad I trained myself up for running long distances before I left on this trip- it is a really good way of seeing everything. One of my favourite trails in Morro Bay was this one...


Whenever Tom wasn't at work, we did lots of mini road trips and a bit of exploring... I really appreciated him taking the time to show me around. We had heaps of fun, even when we weren't partying! I will really miss him!







Me and Tom :) 

I had a really good time in Morro Bay. Apart from seeing Tom, I really enjoyed relaxing while he was at work, going for lots of runs/walks, exploring and hanging out with some of Tom's housemates- who were all very lovely and welcoming, we had a lot of fun! Especially on the last night, or at least I THINK I had fun...I can't really remember due to how much I drank. I am still feeling the effects of it 2 days later! I don't mind partying, but I definitely don't want to drink that much again on this trip! This next photo is the only real evidence I have of being out that night...it is a photo of Thomas being cheeky as usual.... I will miss Morro Bay and I will REALLY miss Tom :(






1 comment:

  1. It looks like you and Tom had a great time Rach and I bet he will miss you too! xx

    ReplyDelete