Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh wifi, how i missed you



Sorry! I haven't had the chance to post anything lately because I have been travelling all around to places that don't have wifi! It is funny how such a techno thing such as wifi can bring so much comfort! I just spent the last couple of hours skyping and catching up with friends I have missed HEAPS! 
I have been keeping record of what I want to post on here, so I will try and catch up a bit over the next couple of days. The first thing I wanted to put on here was my experience at the Hollywood Museum! 
On the day that I was leaving Hollywood to go to Oceanside, I had a lot of time to kill before I had to get on the train. I thought the Hollywood museum would be a bit tacky and gimmicky, but I was SO wrong. I am really glad I went, because it turned out to be the best tourist attraction that I had seen in Hollywood! It was full of old movie sets, vintage makeup and hair styling tools- not to mention an entire floor dedicated to Marilyn Monroe! It was soooo interesting! I loved looking at all the old make-up adds, and reading about the glamorous lives of the vintage hollywood stars. Here are some photos I took...


suss the hair dryer!!!


I LOVED THIS!!! So cool that she was into weight lifting... definitely proof that weightlifting can be just as 'womanly' as any other work out :P
I really loved reading this- she had some very interesting tips...it is as if she was before her time in the beauty world! She talks about clean eating, not drinking too much and eating easy-to- digest foods. She also talks about taking care of her skin with cleansers and making sure she drinks plenty of water to keep her skin clear. I thought it was really interesting because these are all things that the modern 'clean lifestyle' incorporates... Too bad she didn't practice what she preached in the end... :(






No comments:

Post a Comment