Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 18: Vancouver, a long run in Moody Point and my love affair with Starbucks....

Vancouver! I got here a couple of days ago and fell in love with it straight away! My first thought was 'That is a LOT of trees!' Literally, I cannot explain how many trees there are here! Every mountain you see is just covered in this thick green forrest...it's awesome. The air here is really clear- especially in Moody Point where I was staying for 2 nights with my friend Ben and his girlfriend Nadya. It was so amazing to see Ben of course, he is a really good friend of mine and also used to be my neighbour! So I really miss him in Adelaide. He seems happy enough though, living in Moody Point and trying to get a bit of a life together there... I wanted to spend more time with him but I am already on my way to Whistler to see my other friend Erin. I will spend more time with Ben on my way back though- on my last weekend in Canada, so that we can do some stuff together. The only full day I had in Moody Point was a working day for Ben, so I went for a really huge run/walk (I will post the photos below!).

Me and my long-lost neighbour, Benaloney :)


It is currently 8.07am here, and I don't board my bus to Whistler until 1.00pm :( It is a long time to wait, but my ever-reliable Starbucks is here to save the day with it's top quality wifi (not to mention these little cheese-platter snack boxes I have come to like!) I haven't ordered a coffee yet, funnily enough, because I have been told that they make the coffees with pure cream! It sounds delicious but it would make me feel sick for sure! I think you can ask for them to make your coffee on milk, though...so maybe I will get one now! But for the most part, I have just been coming here and buying coconut waters or green teas...and then proceeding to use their wifi for the next 4 hours or so! Haha, classic traveller cheap-ass! 

Coconut Water= wifi! ;)

I am looking forward to seeing Erin in Whistler! She has heaps planned for us while I am there- hiking, camping, biking, lake swimming, picnics.... arrrgghhhh I am so excited- I LOVE all that kind of stuff and I LOVE Erin! It has been almost 2 years since I last saw her... I am so lucky to be seeing all these friends that I have missed so much! 
I am also looking forward to coming back to Moody Point on my last weekend here! This is because I want to spend more time with Ben, but also because Moody Point was beautiful...as you can see! These are the photos I took whilst on my Run around the Moody Point shoreline trail yesterday...











No comments:

Post a Comment