Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Oceanside: A seaside town full of art, thrift shops and sunflowers :)




Still catching up on my posts...I actually wrote about Oceanside on Day 6 of my travels, when I was actually leaving it on the train to San Luis Obispo (I am now on day 17 of my trip- I can't believe it!). I am glad I wrote everything down though because I really wanted to post about Oceanside- I really loved that little town! 

Oceanside is a nice little seaside town full of healthy cafes, street art and thrift shops. It was also the first place that I spotted my beloved sunflowers (but since then I have found that they are actually really common in America). I went to Oceanside to see my friend Gabby, and I was so happy to see her and also glad to see a familiar face! Gabby lives right on the beach in a cute little apartment that I fell in love with- I am so jealous of her lifestyle right now!

On my first day, I spent an hour down at the beach- I know this because I put an alarm on my phone so I wouldn't stay out there too long. I am so glad I did that because in only one hour I got soooo burnt! I really paid for that a couple of days later when I had to wear my big backpack again- it is not a fun activity when you have red-raw shoulders! Ouchies!

Little did I know how much this would hurt later...


On the last night of my stay in Oceanside, Gabby took me to the farmers markets. I have to say that even after my first few nights in Hollywood, the Oceanside Farmers Market was the first experience that really made me realise I was in America! I saw very some interesting characters there that is for sure- and LOTS of dog strollers! Haha! There was a band playing and all the locals were really getting into it, especially a certain few hippy types that were really funny to watch!






I really loved Oceanside- so much that I am going to go back there after Canada, instead of staying in Hollywood again like I had originally planned. I definitely prefer smaller towns to big and busy places like Hollywood- plus it will be Gabby's birthday, so I want to see her for that! I think it is funny to think that if I didn't know Gabby, I probably would never have visited Oceanside in my lifetime- and same goes for Morro Bay where Tom lives!
Anyway, here are some more photos I took of beautiful Oceanside...






From where you'd rather be...?



1 comment:

  1. Oceanside looks beautiful! Cute little peaceful town, I can see why you would of loved it xx

    ReplyDelete