Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Road trippin' with Thomas...

The train ride from Oceanside to San Luis Obispo was about 8 hours...and the wifi did not work for some reason...so I got a lot of reading in! (shout-out to my Mum who gave me a really awesome book to read before I left! I pretty much finished it on this train ride!). I don't mind train rides at all though- much nicer and easier than plane rides. I tried to get a couple of photos but the train was really going too fast... I did manage to get this one though, which I thought was cool:


Once I FINALLY got to my destination, Tom picked me up from the train station. It was sooo good to see him, it had been so long. We went to go get dinner somewhere straight from the station, but in true Rach-and-Tom style, we ended up getting very drunk and had to stay at one of his friends houses for the night. It was so much fun to party with him- it is definitely like a tradition when it comes to Thomas!
The next day we were pretty hung over, but still wanted to do something with the day. Tom decided we should go camping, so I bought a cheap tent, shoved all my stuff into Tom's truck and off we went. We drove for hours and saw lots of cool stuff!





What a cutie ;)


But....we never ended up going camping! Instead, we kept driving all the way through to Monterey where some guys from Adelaide were staying. We ended up partying again, and I met some really fun people who we became friends with for the night. Monterey is another place I would really like to come back to one day...it is a really cool place with lots of trees and really lovely people :)
It was a really good night- so much fun that I didn't even mind that we never ended up going camping. To be honest I didn't care what we did, as long as I got to spend time with Tom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment