Hello! I am in London!
I got here a couple of days ago but I haven't had much time to post. My first impression was a very good one...I'm not sure if that's because I am so impressed with the efficiency of the tube, the prettiness of the busy streets, the cosiness of all the houses....or the fact that I am now with my beloved LAURA!!!! Probably that, mostly! I was so desperate to see her that we both got all emotional at the airport (usually it's her who is the teary emotional one!)
The first thing we did together was buy a couple of fashion magazines to read over a nice cup of tea in a cafe (pictured above). It was such a relief to be with one of my closest girlfriends! Laura has actually moved here indefinitely, so it has also been good to be with her at such a crazy moment in her life!
So far we have just been enjoying each others company and catching up on all our gossip and news. We are staying in a B'n'B in Clapham which is a beautiful little apartment in a lovely street. The people who actually live here are also lovely. They laughed at us and thought we were being sarcastic when we said we really loved the view from our bedroom window. They thought it was so funny that we loved the look of the street outside- we had to explain to them that it looks so very different to any street in Australia!
| Can you see him!? |
Apart from catching up, we have just been exploring Clapham and also...SHOPPING. The first day I got here it was really cold and raining so I decided it was time I bought some winter clothes! I couldn't buy too much because I can't fit much else in my backpack...but I did buy a few things- including these boots that I am now obsessed with and basically have not taken off my feet since I bought them!
| THE BOOTS <3.... |
![]() |
| ....THE REASON I HAD TO BUY BOOTS! |
...and as if seeing Laura wasn't exciting enough, I also got to meet up with my friend Beth (the friend who is doing the exchange in Sunderland with me!) It has been so cool to see her again and I get all giggly and tingly when we start talking about our exchange- not long now!!!!
It has been lovely hanging out with these two girls- and they both get along really well, which is nice (I knew they would before they even met!)
Today the three of us all went on the Harry Potter Studio Tour (such nerdy geeks! This is why I knew the three of us would all get along so well!) It was amazing- so amazing that I am giving it a blog post all to itself (I will upload it in the next couple of days!)
| My lovely Bethy :) Can't wait to study with her again! |
I am LOVING the room Laura and I are staying in... so cosy and nice to share with Laura!
![]() |
| Us getting all cuddly in bed! |



No comments:
Post a Comment