Well, today was day 63 and the end of my 'pre-uni-travelling!' I am currently writing this from inside my new room for the next 5 months in Sunderland! I am so excited because my room is MASSIVE and I was expecting it to be more...jail cell-esque! It is actually a really lovely room with a nice window, 2 desks, 2 wardrobes, a set of drawers and a pretty comfortable bed! I will post photos of my room in my next post!
Today was pretty hectic. Beth and I had an 8 hour bus ride from London to Sunderland...so I don't feel too guilty that we stayed in watching TV on Beth's laptop tonight while everyone in our whole accommodation complex seemed to be partying!
I am happy to be here, and glad to have a little place in the world to call my own after 2 months of couches, sharing beds, spooning my back-pack in hostel bunk beds and moving from place to place all of the time. But I am a little bit sad that all that part of my trip is already over! I had such an amazing time and have already learnt so much and changed as a person. A big shout out to all my gorgeous friends that let me stay with them in the past couple of months- Gabby, Tom, Beno+Nadya, Erin, Malin and Laura! It was so generous of all these people to not only have me in their homes, but also to show me their little part of the world. I am so grateful and I miss them all already!
xxxx
I spent the past few days in London with Laura, and also met up with Beth a lot. My friend Mads was also in London so we went out with her one night. So funny seeing so many Adelaide people around the place! It was good to catch up and party with Mads, we had a good time and it was nice to see a familiar pretty face!
I also caught up with another friend, Thomas, who I trained with at swimming leading up to this trip. There was a bit of confusion in communication when we tried to meet up, and I ended up wandering around by myself for a little while on the day I met up with him. I happened to stumble across Buckingham Palace and the Wellington Arch...so I wasn't complaining!
| English Breakfast tea in Hyde Park? Don't mind if I do... |
So that turned into a good day! I was happy to see some touristy stuff- but I will have to see the rest in the next month or so when I go back to visit Laura. It was also cool to catch up with Thomas!
| Lozzy, Mads and I |
| Pickle the Cat |
On the last night in London, Laura, Beth and I went to see Charlie and The Chocolate Factory at the theatre. It was a really fun night out. The play was pretty good, but definitely not the best I have seen...still a nice night out with the girls, though! I will really miss Lozzy, but it is nice to know she is close now (well...kind of close!)
| Nice pic of Beth in London- good weather huh? |
I am so grateful for the trip I have had so far, I have met amazing people and caught up with friends that I have missed very much! I have learnt a lot about myself and made memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life! Now I am just excited for what the next part of my adventure has in store for me at Sunderland Uni.........!
It has been so good to read your blog as you a have moved from place to place. I don't think that you have changed, just grown! Most people do that when the travel as you have. We love you and miss you. Have popped a surprise in the bank Happy Birthday. Love Grumpy & Grandy XXX
ReplyDelete