WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT A HARRY POTTER FAN....but if you are, prepare to be insanely jealous, because yesterday Laura, Beth and myself went on the Harry Potter Studio tour and it was glorious! For three nerds like us, it was a dream come true. You will notice how happy and overly excited we all look in our photos...in fact at one point I heard Laura say (and I quote) 'I'm so emotional I feel like I am welling up!' Hahaha!
It really was an awesome experience, though. There was so much to see that you could easily spend an entire day there. We spent over three hours there and still didn't see it all. It really gave me an entirely new appreciation for the Harry Potter films. So much work and time goes into each little detail- things that you don't even notice in the films but I guess are what give them so much character and life.
I won't write too much on this post, because the photos are much more interesting...so here they are!
 |
| Overly excited HP fans! |
 |
| Beth in the great hall smiling her head off |
 |
| Me in the great hall |
 |
Me at the Hufflepuff table- I always thought I would be in Hufflepuff if I went to Hogwarts...or Ravenclaw, I'm not sure...Oh god, I really am a geek! |
 |
| Laura and Beth with Hagrid...well, his costume anyway! |
 |
| Beth in her Witch robes! |
 |
| The invisibility cloak! |
 |
| The 'drinks table' from the set of the Yule Ball |
 |
| Diagon Alley |
 |
| This was a bit creepy, but the costume and creature design department was definitely my favourite section! |
 |
| Beth and I in the blue car that Ron and Harry steal in the second book |
 |
| Myself, in my Witch robes! |
 |
| Hagrid's house |
 |
| Me standing at the entrance to Dumbledore's office! |
 |
The Fat Lady painting...'What's the password?' (I'm sorry to all the non-Harry Potter fans who have no idea what I am talking about in this post!) |
 |
| The wigs of all my favourite characters! Bit creepy! |
 |
| Quidditch Shop in Diagon Alley |
 |
| Hedwig! |
 |
| Lozzy, waiting for the night bus to take her away! |
 |
This was the part I was most excited for- BUTTERBEER! I was really interested to see how they would make this taste, because J.K Rowling always does such an amazing job of describing the beer in the books... |
 |
The Weasley's house- my favourite set from the tour. The iron was ironing shirts on it's own, the pot on the stove was stirring itself, and the knitting needles in the corner were making a scarf without any human help- loved it! |
 |
| The Griffindor common room |
 |
The concept artist section was another one of my favourite parts. The artists behind the creature and set designs are so talented and have crazy imaginations! |
 |
I had the best day with these girls. It was good to have people there who were equally as excited about HP! |
 |
| Lozzy and her Butterbeer |
 |
| The self-knitting scarf at the Weasley's house |
 |
| Dumbledore's office |
 |
Speaking of detail- there were thousands of these wand boxes handcrafted and inscribed for the set of Olivander's wand shop- every SINGLE one had a different hand-written description! |
 |
| Buckbeak! |
 |
| Snape's potion classroom |
 |
| Mirror selfies in The Mirror Of Erised...had to be done! |
 |
Lozzy and Beth waiting for their wand to choose them... I think they are still waiting |
 |
| Lilly and Jame's Potter's house |
 |
The last part of the tour- the Hogwart's Castle model. I like this photo because you can see people standing next to it on the left and it shows how big it is. The amount of work, time and man-power that went into making this adds up to 72 years! It was a really breathtaking sight! |
It was an awesome day for this Harry Potter fan, and I was honestly sad when it was over! I loved looking at all the make-up, costume, creature and set designs- it was all very artistic and so imaginative! I can't say what mu favourite part was- I was just happy to see it all and spend the day with Laura and Beth. But I was probably the most excited when I was drinking my Butterbeer, because it has always been a life-long dream of mine. Although it could never taste as good as it is described in the books, I feel like they did a pretty good job of it...YUMMY!
Anyway, that's enough of my Harry Potter talk now... I hope all the other Harry Potter fans reading this enjoyed seeing the photos and weren't TOO jealous. As for the non-Harry Potter fans, I do apologise for this post! Hahaha!
It looks like you had the best day!!! It took me back to our days when we would get the new book and sit and read it for an hour before we left the shopping centre. Looking at your pictures was amazing. I could almost taste the butter beer.
ReplyDelete