It has been a lovely week for weather...kind of. When I say 'lovely,' I realise that I am starting to forget about what that term means in Australia. I am being quickly conditioned to consider any day that is not windy or rainy (or both) as 'lovely!' Even when I am really really cold, I am not bothered anymore as long as it isn't wet or windy! So this week I have been making the most of it- I already walk to uni whenever the weather allows me, but this week I have also been going for lots of runs. The biggest run so far was this morning with one of my flat mates, Sascha. It was good having him to run with because he made me run further and for longer, and probably a little quicker, too. But to be honest, my body is absolutely wrecked after swimming this morning and then running with Sascha! Safe to say I will be giving the gym a miss today!

I really enjoy running/walking around Sunderland. Even though it is a very small city, there is still a lot I haven't seen yet. My favourite place is definitely down by the river- I like that the path is away from all the traffic and roadworks of the streets.
 |
These are the stairs of death. You can only see about half way up in this photo and they are soooo steep! Good workout though :) |
 |
| This was the view from my stretching point a couple of days ago. Yes, I am stretching- which explains my random foot just popping up into the photo! Plus, I love my running shoes, they are sexy :) |
My friendship with Clanny Cat has been growing- I feel like he is making himself more available to everyone these days with hopes that he will be let inside someone's flat and into their bed... I am pretty close to letting him into mine! He is the friendliest cat I ever did meet, and that is coming from someone who doesn't usually like cats at all!
 |
| Clanny Cat sees me... |
 |
| Gets closer... |
 |
| ...and closer... |
 |
| 'Let me inside your flat, please!' |
I also did my first shop at the big Tesco's store here in Sunderland. It is so big that I made a day of going there last Sunday. It was really good there- they have everything! It even has a cafe, which makes it remind me a bit of IKEA. I bought HEAPS of groceries- all yummy ingredients for me to cook with!
 |
| Making my food look pretty every day! This salad was really delicious: Spinach, cucumber, tomato, asparagus, beans, almonds and oregano! Mmmmm |
 |
I don't always make my food pretty- sometimes it looks scary! This is a capsicum imitating a halloween pumpkin... proving that I am overly excited about Halloween coming up in the next couple of weeks! HALLOWEEN PUB CRAWL! woo! |
 |
| ...back to pretty food. This was my breakfast this morning: Warm quinoa with coconut milk, cinnamon, kiwi, raspberries and chia seeds. Who says students have to eat basic, boring food!? :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment