Day 93!? Almost 100 days since I left Australia. That is just crazy! What's more crazy is the fact that it is already half way through October, meaning it is almost November, which is only one month short of Christmas! How exciting! I am not sure what I will be doing for Christmas this year, my first one away from my family, which will be a bit depressing! But I think I get about 3 weeks off from uni over the Christmas period, so I will go and see Laura in London for a little bit and then spend Christmas with Beth's family in Conway!
Aaaaanyway..... What have I been up to? The weather has started to go really yucky in the past week. Lots of rain and a fair drop in temperature... but I know I still haven't seen anything yet! Apparently there is going to be a record amount of snow-fall this year- which is exciting for Beth and I who want it to snow, but we have been assured by the locals that we will hate it after a couple of days!
So because of the weather, I have been making good use of the birthday present I got from Laura- a onesie! I love it so much because it is so warm and it has little bunnies wearing glasses all over it. I also can't help but laugh when I see myself wearing it in the mirror- I look like an overgrown baby! Shout out to Laura for her excellent taste in onesies!
 |
| It also matches my nail polish ;) so stylish |
Sitting around in my onesie has been good motivation for doing homework, and I think I am pretty well up-to-date with it all. I really love all my subjects. My Shakespeare subject is probably the most challenging, because it is a high-level study of Shakespearean plays, which involves a LOT of reading- one play each week! Then I have my Literature Studies subject, which also requires me to read 3 to 4 short stories per week! So when I am doing homework, it feels like I am never actually getting anything done because I am sitting around reading all the time! But I have also found that pretty much every single Shakespeare play ever written is available to watch on YouTube- so I have been doing a lot of watching, too!
Thankfully I have my Genre Fiction Subject, which I have to actually WRITE short stories for- so I always feel mega productive when I am doing that part of my homework!
Even with all those readings to do, I have still managed to make myself very busy with my very special skill- procrastinating! It is so easy to become distracted from uni here- people are always doing SOMETHING and it is always easy to find a distraction from homework.
 |
| As usual, I have been making pretty breakfasts...one of my favourite forms of procrastination |
 |
Art is another one of my preferred distractions... I don't see this as a bad thing though- it is a nice productive break from studying...probably a lot more productive than making pretty breakfasts... |
I have also been working out a lot. I am so thankful that my gym is on-campus- especially when the weather is so crappy. I usually go before my first class, but sometimes I go in my study breaks when my brain gets tired from reading. I have also been swimming twice a week on my days off- Wednesdays and Fridays.
When the weather has been nice enough, I have been going for long walks along the river. This place can look really beautiful when the sun decides to shine on it...
I have also been going out on the town a lot in the past week! Last Monday was really fun. The Union Bar has a 'piggy bank' night every monday, which is really good value at 50pence a drink! I had a really fun night there and didn't get home until about 6.30 the next morning...luckily I don't have class until 1:00 on Tuesdays!
 |
| Beth and I with beautiful Sina, our friend from Germany :) |
 |
| This is my new favourite beer. I have had it before back in Australia, but I swear it tastes better here! |
I also went out on Friday night. We had a Mojito night in my flat's kitchen. It was pretty intense- I watched the Mojitos being made and I knew exactly how VERY strong they were- but they were so DELICIOUS that I could not stop drinking them...which resulted in me being quite drunk that night! I still had a really fun time, but I suffered the next day. Beth and I had planned to go to New Castle, since we hadn't been yet, and I still went but I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have if I wasn't so hung over. New Castle was really cool though- and much easier to get to than I thought it was. So I might go again this weekend to see it through clearer, happier eyes! Plus, when we went it was raining all day, so I think I need to give New Castle another go!
 |
| A wet, wet, wet day in New Castle...teamed with a hang over. Not ideal! |
No comments:
Post a Comment