The other day something really cool happened to me. It's funny what meeting new people and making new friends can do for your self-development. I was talking with one of my lovely new friends, about all sorts of things but mainly perspectives on life and what it means to be happy. I don't really know if it was more of an observation than a compliment, but this friend said something to me that really caught me off guard! I don't know if it was what they said, how they said it or who it was coming from- but whatever it was, it changed the way I see myself and the way I think others see me. I won't talk about what it was or who said it. But I will say that this was said to me probably over two weeks ago now, and since then I have been more comfortable and happy within myself than I think I have ever been in my life... It is a really good feeling...
so cheers to new friends and their kind words!
Anyway, enough of that! I haven't updated in a while so this post is an assortment of the things I have been up to lately. The weather has given us a few good days, which has been awesome because I have been going for lots of walks and runs! I can feel myself getting much fitter when it comes to running- I used to run for 20 minutes and be totally wrecked, but now I am running for more than 50 minutes and feeling great afterwards!
I have also been doing a lot of cooking! The above photo is from a few weeks ago now, but the wednesday just gone I cooked gourmet burgers for my housemates and a few others. I wish I took photos- they were really delicious! Beef and feta patties with caramelised balsamic onions and all the toppings! I am pretty sure everyone else enjoyed them- there were definitely a few arguments about who was getting the last ones on the plate! I love cooking for my friends, it makes me so happy!
| Cooking for myself is always good too- but it is usually salads when I am just making food for one! I don't mind- salads are cool too! |
Last Thursday night was the international student event, which was really cool because it was held at the Stadium of Light and we all got to dress up a little bit!
I know I say this in just about every single post, but it really was the best night so far!
I think dressing up and getting ready with my girlfriends was probably the best part- something I really miss about my girlfriends back home! Plus it was fun to put on a nice dress and feel glamorous for the evening!
![]() |
| Sina, myself and Mascha- all in our little black dresses! |
![]() |
| Myself and my beautiful friend Rose. This girl is an absolute champion, one of the funniest people I have ever met! Plus, check out her dress! Hottie! |
![]() |
| My girls! |
![]() |
| Sina and I- just hanging out with Queenie! |
It was a really fun night- they played good music and there was free food, too! We also got given a free ticket each to the Chelsea VS Sunderland football match, which is on the 4th of December! I am happy because I have been wanting to go to another game for a while now.
After the event, we headed to a pub. It was lots of fun there, but it probably wasn't the best idea for me to go when I had a 7hour bus ride to London the next morning at 8am!
Safe to say, I really needed this coffee at the half-way break point after such a big night! But this isn't any ordinary coffee... this is an egg nog latte from Starbucks, which I am utterly OBSESSED with at the moment! It is one of their limited time Christmas coffees and I am pretty sure I had one every single day in a row for over a week! I am sure they are absolutely FULL of sugar... but they are just one of those things that are worth every damn calorie!
After an 8 hour bus ride (it turned into 8 hours after the bus had a rear-end accident with another car in the middle of London during peak-hour) I finally got to my destination- LAURA!!! I was so excited to see her and her new apartment that she just moved into last week!
The weather was pretty crappy all weekend. On the first night I was tired from the bus trip, so we just had a relaxing night in, which is all I wanted anyway! The next day we went for a bit of a shop to buy some winter clothes and also met up with Laura's sister and her friend for high tea in Covent Garden!
I absolutely adored Covent Garden- the next time I am in London that is top of my priority list to visit again! It was especially beautiful because, like the rest of London, the Christmas decorations have been put up, making it all look so magical!
| Christmas decorations, Oxford Circus |
High tea was splendid! Such a good idea by Laura! There were two options: a plate with champagne and sweets, or a plate with Port and cheeses. I went for the second option and it was absolutely amazing! My Port was delicious and the scones were to die for!
| There was even a cheese named after me! And it was the best tasting one by far! I was so thrilled- it's not everyday you see a cheese with your name on it! |
After high tea, Laura and I went for a wander. It was cold but the night was still and crisp and it was really beautiful to just walk through the streets looking at all the expensive shops with their Christmas displays.
| We visited the M&M store...an interesting experience- I didn't even know such a store existed! |
| The gorgeous Laura and I- she seems more beautiful and happy every time I see her. London suits this girl! |
On Sunday I had to say goodbye to Laura again, but not with too much sadness because now that she has an apartment I can come and invade her space more often! Before my bus, we had lunch at Pret- something I have been meaning to do for a while! Pret is a chain store that is absolutely everywhere in England, but for some reason I just hadn't tried it yet! It has a cool concept- each store is given it's own kitchen or set up near a kitchen so that all the food is made on site or near the shop- preventing the food from travelling too far before you eat it and also supporting local produce. I think it is a cool idea- plus there are so many fresh healthy options- I will definitely be a repeat Pret customer!




Well my happy little vegemite, it sounds like you have had another couple of wonderfully amazing weeks. Keep up the blogs as when you get home some of these things will fade into the background and you will need reminders. Keep on keeping on. It was a pity you missed the game at the weekend, but you can't be in two places at once, and London would win every time.
ReplyDelete