Sunday, November 17, 2013

'What's my age again!?'


I had to quote a song from one of my favourite bands for the title of this post, because this week I really have been acting like a teenager! I know I am only 23, but I have not partied or done this much drinking for a looong time! I am actually a bit of a Granny when I am back at home- preferring movies and cup of tea on a saturday night to going out.... but not here!
On Monday I had a really big night. It was the usual 'cheap drink' student night, and I hadn't been on a Monday in a while...any excuse! I didn't get home until about 5am!
Then Wednesday it was Beth's birthday!!! I think I might have been a little bit more excited than her about this! But I still wanted to make it a good one for her!

I made her this birthday card :)

Even Clanny Cat came to give Beth some birthday wishes!

Beth opening her presents from Sina and Mascha...


Frosties! They even wrapped up a carton of milk to go with them! Beth loves Frosties so this was
the best present ever!

After opening presents and having some pre drinks at my apartment, a group of us went to Revolution Bar. I had gone there earlier in the day to reserve a table and organise a cake to come out- just to make things a little more special!


I also organised for Beth to make her own 'birthday cocktail' behind the bar. The guy that taught her how to do it was a legend and I'm pretty sure beth is an expert cocktail maker now...



So after partying Monday night, resting Tuesday night and then partying again on Wednesday night...by Thursday I was pretty tired. But that didn't stop me from going to classes, finishing two assignments, going to swimming/gym...plus a few walks. I'm getting good at this hang-over business! 


Sunderland on a Sunset walk... not bad hey?

And, of course, there was another special birthday this week- my Mum's! A couple of weeks ago I sent her a present that I bought from Cath Kidston. I didn't think it would reach her in time but she actually got it the day before! I was happy about that because I really wish I could have been there for her birthday...I miss her very very much!


The thing that Mum and I miss most is having a cup of tea together in the afternoons... So I got her
two mugs from Cath Kidston that we can use when I get back. This is the photo she sent me when she
got the present- you will notice only one has tea in it, the other is waiting for me when I get back :)


The boys in my apartment also wanted to wish my Mum a happy birthday- so we
sent her this photo! I think she was pretty pleased with it! Haha!

After resting on Thursday, it was time to party again on Friday night! We had another one of our flat kitchen cocktail parties- but this time we had a dress up theme...1940's- my favourite!


The girls! Theresa, Cassandra, Beth and I :)



When I first got to Sunderland I bought this playsuit from
the vintage fair. I really love it but I have tried it on a couple of times
since buying it and I decided it really is too short for my body :(
Luckily, the 1940's theme led me to lend it to my flatmate, Theresa- and she looked GORGEOUS
in it! It really suited her hair colour and I just thought she looked beautiful. So the playsuit is hers now!

Sascha's costume was very cool. This is a 'normal' photo of us...

...But this is what we are usually like! Hahaha... silly heads!


The cocktail night was really good- just another fun night in Sunderland, and a good way to finish off my week of partying.
This week I am having an alcohol-free week...at least until Friday, which is Matt's birthday- and I will HAVE to drink for that! Should be a fun time! But before then, I am having a healthy week. It started today, actually, with the longest run I have done since being in Sunderland! I ran all the way to the beach and then to the end of the Jetty and back- it took me 1 hour and 15minutes!



It was cool when I got to the end of the Jetty because I could look back and see how far I had run- I couldn't even get it
all into this photo! It was really quiet and peaceful out there... and I had a nice chat with one of the fishermen- it still amazes me how friendly people are here...


This reminded me a bit of home- just a lot colder. It is strange to think that I can stare out at the same ocean from the other side when I am at home in Australia...


No comments:

Post a Comment