I cannot believe that it has already been one week since New Years Eve! This year is already going too fast! I had an 'interesting' New Years Eve, but before I get into that, I wanted to post some of the photos from my last couple of days in Conwy. Beth's Uncle Rod took us on a scenic tour of the mountains, cliffs and coast line- it was so beautiful, but I will let the photos do the work in showing you this....
On our last day in Conwy, the weather was being very kind (especially for Conwy!) so Beth and I went to explore the Castle walls that surround the town centre.
The walls provided some gorgeous views of the town from all different angles, plus the walls are so old that they are a sight in themselves! Walking along them, it was so easy to imagine how it would have been to live in the town during the times that they were being built.
![]() |
| Beth and I, being good little tourists! |
![]() |
| I think this photo is my favourite of the day. The chimneys remind me of that scene from Mary Poppins... |
![]() |
| A sneaky and very professional shot I got of Beth |
![]() |
| I thought this little bird was pretty cute...He had the best view of all the town from up there. He was making a lot of noise... |
| Enjoying the scenery |
| Lap Dinner! |
Once again, I will write how grateful I am for Rod and Val taking such good care of Beth and I during our stay with them. While Rod was our own private tour guide, Val was like our Mum/Auntie/Cook/Drinking Buddy! She took very good care of us, especially when it came to food! I was so well fed- we even had a lap dinner one night, which was so exciting for Beth and I because we felt so English!
They also took us to the best 'Chippy' in Conwy. The fish and chips were delicious and came with a glass of milk! Surprisingly, it was the best combo ever!
While I had the most relaxing time chilling out, eating and drinking over the past month, by the time I got back to Sunderland I felt sooooo lazy and VERY ready for some exercise! I did go for lots of walks/runs while I was away, but it definitely didn't compensate for the amount of food and drink I was consuming! So when I got back to Sunderland, I was grateful for some nice weather because I was able to go for some runs, rather than just go to the gym. It also provided some nice photos...
But then... It was New Years Eve!
Most people from Clanny House went home for New Years, so there was only a small group of us left here. The plan was to go to Newcastle for the night.
| I really liked my outfit for New Years! I got the top in one of the Christmas sales in Wales! |
We did go to Newcastle, but it was a short-lived night for me! Yes, I drank WAY too much and I cannot remember anything other than the fireworks!
| This bottle of champagne might have had something to do with my memory loss? |
So basically I have no memory of what I did in Newcastle or the taxi ride home (at 12.30pm apparently) and I woke up the next morning with none other than CLANNY CAT sleeping next to me in my bed! Apparently I coaxed him in through the window (according to Beth) and then took him up to bed with me!
| It was a good start to the year for Clanny Cat! |
Ever since New Years, Clanny Cat has been my new best friend- he is always meowing at my window wanting to be let in! Sorry Clanny Cat... that was just a one time thing!
Finally, to end on a bit of a sad note... this morning I had to say goodbye to my very good friend, Sascha. A few of us woke up at 5.30am to say goodbye to him, and to have our last green smoothie together. I was in tears and so upset to say goodbye... Meeting people is the best part of travelling, but saying goodbye to them is the very worst part. I will miss Sascha very much! But I know that one day in the future we will have the best reunion ever, so it is not all bad!
| I will miss his silly head! |
























No comments:
Post a Comment